GMA provides coverage for boats through Markel Insurance.
Coverage available: CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT
Your insured has invested a lot of money, time and heart into their boat. When they pull away from the dock, they want to know that their boat is covered . . and so do you!
That is why it makes sense to insure their boat with Markel! Markel has focused on marine insurance for over 20 years. Unlike some standard insurance companies that offer boat insurance as a supplement or add-on to their auto or homeowners business, Markel Marine makes it their number one priority! And it shows.
Markel provides specialized coverage, dedicated marine claim specialists, flexible payment options and affordable rates with money saving discounts.
- Watercraft 26' 11" and under
- No age limitation
- May be corporately owned
Program Coverage Features
- Replacement cost, agreed value or actual cash value settlement
- Deductible waived for most total losses
- Diminishing deductible (25%) for each loss-free term
- Broad navigation
- No lay-up restrictions
- Wreck removal
- Consequential damage coverage
- Ice and freezing damage coverage
- Non-owned coverage
- Ultimate drive coverage option, which pays to repair or replace drive in the event of a mechanical breakdown due to wear and tear or defect
- Watercraft liability up to $1,000,000
- Uninsured watercraft equal to limit of liability
- Personal effects
- Pollution liability
- Experienced boater
- Mature operator
- Outboard propulsion
* NEW * Ultimate Drive Coverage
Outboard gearcases and sterndrives can be very expensive to repair. If you hit a log or have a grounding incident, while it may wreck your day on the water, it is covered by insured.
But what if your drive just fails? Think about the load or force that your drive parts are under as you smile and put the throttles down. Drive failures occur, and repairs can be very expensive, depending on the level of internal damage. This type of damage is not covered under standard terms of an insurance policy. This is where Markel ultimate drive coverage comes in.
- Ultimate drive coverage provides protection for a breakdown of an outboard lower gearcase or stermdrive upper or lower unit, which fails to function due to wear and tear or a manufacturer's defect.
- You are responsible for $250 out of pocket, for each breakdown.
- When it is necessary to perform a covered repair, coverage is also provided for ancillary parts that are needed, such as seals, o-rings, gaskets, etc.
- Plus, if you have a covered insurance loss, such as grounding or hitting a submerged object that causes damage to your drive, depreciation will never apply when you have the ultimate drive coverage.
Ultimate drive coverage is available for outboard and sterndrive boats up to 10 years of age and less than 27'.
Ultimate drive coverage can stay on your policy term when the boat reaches 15 years of age.
Other limitations apply and ultimate drive coverage may not be available in your state.